December is a busy time at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport as travellers head home to spend the holidays with their loved ones or take off on a winter escape. As the airport experiences increased passenger volumes, the following tips will help keep travellers in the holiday spirit:
- Visit the airport’s island atrium and join in some Christmas merriment! Throughout the week leading up to Christmas, carollers will spread holiday cheer as they serenade travellers with the season’s classics.
- By land or by sea, there are two great ways to get to the airport — take our new pedestrian tunnel or hop aboard our ferry.
- Save the gift wrap until after your flight. Package contents may need to be inspected by CATSA as part of security screening, so travel with your gifts unwrapped.
- Get your carry-on ready. Make sure you comply with the liquid and gel restrictions and that your carry-on is of appropriate size to be permitted on the aircraft. This will help prevent delays with clearing security. Read more here.
- Keep an eye on the weather. Weird weather can happen this time of year given the often fluctuating temperatures. Be sure to follow Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport on Twitter and Facebook for weather advisories and always check with your airline if the weather is looking unsettled. You can track flights here.
Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport wishes all passengers safe and happy holidays, wherever your travels may take you!