View of Toronto skyline from the water

Upon arrival in Canada, the master of the boat must report to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) by calling 1-888-226-7277. The master of the boat will provide details of the voyage, the passengers and their declaration. No one except the master may leave the boat until authorized to do so by the CBSA.

As proof of presentation, masters will be provided with a report number for their records. Masters must provide this number to a border services officer upon request. You do not have to report to the CBSA when you leave by private boat unless you are exporting goods that need to be documented.

Want to know more? Please visit the CBSA website for additional information.

PortsToronto is Committed to Keeping You Informed

We want to keep you informed! Besides the website you can find us at the following places:


Do you have one?

A Power Vessel Operator’s Permit is required to operate a powered vessel in the Port and Harbour of Toronto.

Get permit