All resident boaters must have a Toronto Port Authority Power Vessel Operators Permit. The permit can be obtained from the Harbour Master’s Office. Click here for details.

As of September 15, 2009, operators of pleasure crafts fitted with a motor and used for recreational purposes must hold proof of competency on board, at all times. A Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC) is considered proof of competency. Please visit Transport Canada for details.

Please note that you must hold both a Toronto Port Authority Power Vessel Operators Permit and a Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC) to use waters in the Toronto Harbour; this includes the OHM.

Please click here for information for international boaters.

PortsToronto is Committed to Keeping You Informed

We want to keep you informed! Besides the website you can find us at the following places:


Do you have one?

A Power Vessel Operator’s Permit is required to operate a powered vessel in the Port and Harbour of Toronto.

Get permit